Do you want to use cutting-edge technology and build better financial experiences for all Canadians?
Grow is Canada's leading enterprise fintech provider. We provide SaaS solutions to all sectors of banking in Canada. Our customers include big banks, credit unions, and fintech startups.
We're growing fast and looking for passionate developers to join our team. We're a highly skilled team of software engineers who are obsessed with making awesome products. We value people who take initiative, and empower everyone at Grow to make a real change in products or processes.
What you'll do:
- Build something new, real and of value to Canadian (and eventually global!) consumers;
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems across Grow's engineering teams;
- Obsess and improve engineering standards, quality of code and overall work and processes;
- Try new things, take risks, maintain your own timelines and meet aggressive deadlines;
- Work in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts;
- Guide feature and product development; and
- Brainstorm with product, engineering and sales teams to conceptualize, build and design new features.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 1-5 years professional work experience with Java or another OOL;
- Experience with 3rd party REST APIs (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Twilio);
- Interest or experience with Maven, GIT, Eclipse, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Docker and Linux/Unix;
- Interest or experience in Big Data, AI or pattern recognition (anomaly/cluster);
- Interest or experience in Java Image Processing (focus, blur, edge detection etc); and
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex ideas and concepts.
- Experience in a startup environment;
- You can pick up new tools and languages quickly;
- You spend time working on your own software projects and learning about new technologies; and
- Preference will be given to those who can show us what they can do through:
- Stack Overflow
- Other examples of your work