Grow is Canada’s leading enterprise fintech provider. We provide consumer-facing, white-labelled SaaS solutions to financial service providers. Our customers range from big banks to credit unions to fintech startups.
Grow is seeking a product manager to lead product management efforts for a variety of features of the Grow platform. Working amongst a well-knit team of other product managers, designers, engineers, and customer success managers, you will drive the day-to-day development of product features and initiatives from the point of conception, through development, and into production where you’ll be responsible for measuring and optimizing their success. You will interface with Grow’s Strategic Leadership Team and Director of Product to inform and execute Grow’s macro product strategy.
- Be responsible for the pace and decision-making quality for your owned product features and initiatives, working with other product team members, engineers, and customer success managers to encourage autonomy and creativity in the shared decision-making process;
- Be responsible for delivering your owned features and initiatives in keeping with Grow’s product roadmap, making calculated bets based on evidencable ROI calculations, helping to inform the allocation of engineering resources, and communicating clearly and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders;
- Represent the voices and best interests of Grow, its enterprise partners, and end users throughout the product development life cycle;
- Set, monitor, and optimize the KPIs and metrics associated with your owned features and initiatives to evidence and optimize success;
- Help to mould Grow’s product development process as an early member of Grow’s product team;
- Help to champion a shared product vision across the disparate teams you work with day-to-day; and
- Provide the analysis of new products, features and enhancements, including research, financial modelling, resource forecasting to build business cases.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in a technical field (engineering, computer science, mathematics, finance), and/or an MBA;
- Previous product management or software development experience with a track record of shipping products on time, and building strong relationships with engineering talent and other team members;
- Although engineering experience isn’t a requirement, you must be highly curious about the underlying technology, conversant in software engineering contexts, and have a voracious appetite for learning technical concepts;
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills;
- A passion for creating highly usable products and experiences;
- Comfortability in an environment that grants a high level of autonomy, but expects a proportionate amount of accountability; and
- An interest in, or passion for, framing the future of banking is a huge plus.